- Contact Staff
- Contact School
- Staff Email
- PHOTO GALLERY
- St. John the Evangelist School Weekly Article
Saint John the Evangelist School
A Brief History
Since 1907, St. John the Evangelist School has been providing a quality Catholic education rooted in a rich tradition and enduring legacy to elementary school students. Administered by the School Sisters of Notre Dame and dedicated Lay personnel, the school offers area residents a quality Catholic Education. Our goal is to provide our students with a sense of community so they will grow into caring, concerned members of society.
We value our students for their own worth and develop their potential to enrich their own and other's lives. We maintain a nurturing atmosphere conducive to learning and academic excellence, enhancing each student's self-confidence, self discipline and maturity. St. John the Evangelist School is a Pre-KIndergarten to Grade Eight Catholic elementray school with a current enrollment of 196 students. Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and First Grade are located at "The Little School" which is located in the convent building next to Saint John the Evangelist Church. Classes for Grades 2-8 are located at "The Big School" on Main Street in Watertown. St. John the Evangelist School is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
Some Quick Facts
- St. John the Evangelist School is a parish elementary school and part of the network of Catholic Elementary Schools of the Archdiocese of Hartford
- Our school is a high school preparatory school with emphasis on critical thinking skills, beginning at the earliest levels
- Upon graduation, our students attend Holy Cross High School, Sacred Heart High School, Chase Collegiate Schoool, The Gunnery, Westover School, The Hotchkiss School and Taft School
- Our classes are small by design and integrate critical thinking skills as well as technology into daily lesson prsentations.
- SMARTboard Technology enhances classroom lesson presentations in every grade.
- Our Early Childhood Program focuses on Reading and Math Readiness and Phonemic Awareness.
- The middle and upper grades stress development of critical thinking skills, creative writing and high school preparatory skills.
- Library Skills, enhanced by technology, are integrated into lessons throughout the upper grades.
- Religion is taught daily in every grade and is integrated throughout the curriculum.
- A strong Catholic Identity defines all areas of the school community.
- Scholarships are available each year through the Archbishop's Annual Appeal Scholarship Fund. New families may apply and be considered for scholarships awards.
© 1910 - 2011 St John the Evangelist School. Drupal theme by Kiwi Themes.